THE INSIGHT




Long before I started my journey of a lifetime, I used to think that life was perfect in every way and that you don’t need to work really hard to make it better or appreciated.


I was wrong and over the period of four years, I shed light on life’s true purpose.


When I started taekwondo, I realized that life is not always perfect or how you want it to be, but you need constant determination to make your life choices and others’ lives better. Taekwondo helped me achieve the fact that having a positive and strength-filled self, contributes to this monumental goal.


“I develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that will reduce my mental growth and physical health.

I develop self-discipline, in order to bring out the best in myself and others.

I use common sense before self-defense, and never be abusive or offensive.

We are a black belt school, we are motivated, we are dedicated, we are on a quest to be our best.”


My school student creed is one that I have been standing by for four years of my life and still following.

This creed is part of who I want to be.


Taekwondo is one of the well-known martial arts, and now that I have discovered it and uncovered its core values, it has impacted me in a way that I have never seen before. Because of taekwondo, I am a better person, full of strength, discipline, respect, and integrity, enabling me to lead a better life.


Strength


Many think of strength to be physical, for the ability to become powerful with force. But, strength can be in the world of your mind. The power to maintain peace, and tranquility, and being able to push through the hardest times, can also be categorized as strength. Taekwondo has increased my strength by accepting challenges and obstacles along my journey, and now I remain calm and patient for a much longer time when time becomes rough.


Discipline


Honesty, the will to work hard, and motivation are what keep a person who is disciplined going along. I have always tried to be true to taekwondo values, motivated to be a good person to make the world better, and working hard to make my dreams not fictional, but real.


Respect


Respect is important while learning taekwondo. It may seem easy, but behind it all hides effort. It is needed to learn how to respect elders, family, friends, your opponent, and also, yourself. Respect is where you show others their meaning, and why they are meant to exist. While establishing the pillar of respect inside me, I realized that if one forgets to respect themselves and others one might not find their life’s true purpose.


Integrity


And last, but not least, the value of integrity. Doing what is right is essential when learning taekwondo. It is loyalty towards oneself even when no one is watching and holding strong moral principles and self-control. If the value does not benefit you, then you may go traipsing off into your life doing things that can harm you and the people around you. Integrity is much needed in taekwondo, for if I did not show and understand it, this form of martial art may not have meant anything to me.


My life's journey so far has been full of events, understandings, and a few obstacles, but because of these pillars that have held me up for so long, I have come to the conclusion that strength, discipline, respect, and integrity are much-needed in every person in his lifetime. People may have different ways to achieve their understanding of these values, but for me, taekwondo has instilled these core values in me and it is one of the most impactful in life I strive to do better each day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAILURE: A NEW BEGINNING

MORE ALIKE, LESS DIFFERENT

THE EARTH IN FIVE SENSES - A POEM

SIENNA AND HER FANTASY DREAM

THE MAD BOMBER

WITHIN US - a poem