WONDERS


 WONDERS



I often wonder, who was I in my past life? Or what was I?

Flowers are my passion, especially orchids. What if I was an orchid? Is that why I feel for flowers and their extravagant beauty and aroma?

If flowers do represent me, then...what part of me shows that I am derived from such, in its soothing grace? My mind? Body? Heart? Or soul?


This question has popped up in my mind many times. One thing I do know is that different flowers bring different feelings to everyone in particular. Lavender, for example, produces oil that has aromatherapeutic properties, presumably able to bring good sleep to the person who beholds it.


I know there are many more flowers and plants, but I am happy to be part of the group of people who knows Mother Nature is essential to us. I hope everyone realizes that soon.


I love orchids for a reason. Not just because they look beautiful in their many different colors, but also because they have special meanings. Over the past months of tending to orchids, I have realized that orchids are a symbol of faith, innocence, beauty, and humility. Was I an orchid? If so, then I am proud to know that a part of me is one of my favorite flowers and that I am able to express these traits of an orchid in my human form.  


We have all heard of people telling each other to enjoy the moment, so I agree. But what would I do if I was a flower in my past life, just being in the moment? Gaze up at the sky and think deep thoughts? Converse with other plants and flowers? Or just wave in the soft breeze that blows, my laughter and happiness turning into a wonderful smell blanketing the Earth? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAILURE: A NEW BEGINNING

MORE ALIKE, LESS DIFFERENT

THE EARTH IN FIVE SENSES - A POEM

SIENNA AND HER FANTASY DREAM

THE MAD BOMBER

WITHIN US - a poem